The No. 1-ranked Emory golf team opened defense of its league title on Saturday, rolling to a victory over the University of Rochester in semifinal match at the University Athletic Association Championships. The event is being played at the 6,776-yard, par 72 Hammock Beach Resort Course in Palm Coast, Florida.
Using a match-play format, the Eagles posted a 4-1 decision over the Yellowjackets. Below are the results of the match-play competitions.
- Jack Mulligan (R) defeated Sam Galloway (E) 3 & 2
- Matt Organisak (E) defeated Aleksander Overli (R) 6 & 5
- Eric Yiu (E) defeated Steven Zeng (R) 5 & 4
- Logan Ryan (E) defeated Declan Hickton (R) 8 & 6
- Connor Yakubov (E) defeated Ryan Dougherty (R) 2 UP
Emory will meet No. 15 Carnegie Mellon in Sunday's title clash, with that match beginning at approximately 7:45 am. CMU defeated NYU, 4-1, in the other semifinal contest.