To: Visiting Athletic Trainer/Coach
From: John Dunham, MS, ATC, CES, Head Athletic Trainer
Re: Medical Services Available for Visiting Varsity Athletic Teams
Certified athletic training staff member is present/available at all home varsity contests.
- Team physicians:
John Xerogeanes, M.D.
Emory Sports Medicine Center
59 Executive Park South, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30329
Mike Huey, M.D.
Emory University Student Health Services
1525 Clifton Rd., 2nd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30322
Lee Golusinski, M.D.
Intown Family Practice & Sports Medicine, PC
285 Boulevard Ave. NE, Suite 640
Atlanta, GA 30312
- Hospital: Emory University Hospital
1364 Clifton Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
- Ambulance: Emory First Responder/Campus Police
911 from campus phone
(404) 727-6111 from non-campus phone
The Emory University athletic training staff will provide:
- Pre-game taping as long as you provide the necessary supplies
- Medical assistance for acute injuries/illness
- Emergent care
- Modality treatments including moist heat will only be available to teams traveling with a certified athletic trainer
If you have any questions, please contact me at:
John Dunham MS, ATC, CES
(404) 727-5613 - office
(404) 727-6714 - athletic training room