Emory University Athletic Training staff is comprised of 3 graduate assistants. While earning a Master of Science Degree in Sports Medicine from Georgia State University the graduate assistants also work as part of the Emory University Sports Medicine Team.
This is a two-year position. You will have many opportunities to work independently and travel with the varsity teams at Emory University. Responsibilities will include: prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of varsity athletic injuries. Also, injury documentation, physician referral and communication with coaches are expectations.
You will have the opportunity to strengthen administrative skills. Including but not limited to developing policies, procedures and protocols, pre participation physicals, coordination of medical coverage for special events and assisting with inventory, purchasing and other budgetary issues.
- NATA certification by August
- Acceptance into the Georgia State University Graduate program in Sports Medicine (see link for specific qualifications)
- Click here to go to the GSU Graduate program in Sports Medicine website
- Follow the procedures outlined on the Georgia State web page.
- All interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume with at least 3 references with telephone numbers and addresses to:
Athletics and Recreation
Attn: John Dunham MAT, ATC, CSCS
26 Eagle Row
Atlanta, GA 30322