The Emory University Baseball team will be making its fourth straight appearance in the NCAA Division III Championships and the 14th overall in program history as the Eagles were one of the 56 teams selected to the tournament field as announced by the NCAA early Monday morning.
Emory earned one of the two Pool "B" at-large selections and will be headed to the South Regional in Danville, Virginia hosted by Averett University from Thursday, May 18th through Sunday, May 21st. Joining the Eagles in the Regional will be Salisbury, LaGrange, Rowan, Otterbein and Roanoke.
The Eagles will be the fourth seed in the region and will open against third-seeded Rowan on Thursday night. First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 PM.
Top-seeded Salisbury will face sixth-seeded Roanoke while second-seeded LaGrange will open against fifth-seeded Otterbein.
Emory finished the regular season with a 27-12 overall record, the team's fourth straight 25-win campaign and sixth in the last seven seasons. The Eagles are one of just two Division III programs to advance to the College World Series in each of the past three years.
South Region Hosted by Averett University, Danville, Va.
1. Salisbury vs. 6. Roanoke
2. LaGrange vs. 5. Otterbein
3. Rowan vs. 4. Emory
Mideast Region Hosted by Washington and Jefferson, Washington, Pa.
1. Wooster vs. 8. Earlham
2. Cortland vs. 7. DePauw
3. La Roche vs. 6. Keystone
4. Washington & Jefferson vs. 5. Misericordia
Central Region Hosted by Webster University, Sauget, Ill.
1. Birmingham-Southern vs. 6. Greenville
2. Washington U. vs. 5. North Central (Ill.)
3. Wartburg vs. 4. Webster
West Region Hosted by The University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler, Texas
1. Texas-Tyler vs. 6. Rhodes
2. Cal Lutheran vs. 5. Concordia (Texas)
3. Centenary (La.) vs. 4. Linfield
Mid-Atlantic Region Hosted by Middle Atlantic Conference, York, Pa.
1. Johns Hopkins vs. 8. Lesley
2. Shenandoah vs. 7. SUNY Maritime
3. Wheaton (Mass.) vs. 6. Elizabethtown
4. RIT vs. 5. Alvernia
New York Region Hosted by SUNYAC, Syracuse, N.Y.
1. Oswego State vs. 6. Ithaca
2. Southern Maine vs. 5. Castleton
3. TCNJ vs. 4. Tufts
New England Region Hosted by Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Harwich, Mass.
1. Mass-Boston vs. 8. Penn State-Berks
2. Arcadia vs. 7. Worcester State
3. St. John Fisher vs. 6. Suffolk
4. Salve Regina vs. 5. Babson
Midwest Region Hosted by Wisconsin-Whitewater, Whitewater, Wis.
1. UW-Whitewater vs. 8. St. Norbert
2. Concordia-Chicago vs. 7. Macalester
3. Adrian vs. 6. St. Thomas
4. St. Scholastica vs. 5. UW-La Crosse